A short tutorial on how to use a mockup
Hi! This is a short tutorial on how to use mockups from the getmockups.pro website and what software you need for this.
Below you will find a short but detailed instruction with screenshots.
Required software for using our mockups:
- Adobe Photoshop CS4 (or above)
- File archiver program (WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip, etc.).
You can use the free 7-Zip program. Download it here.
Let’s take a plastic bottle mockup as an example:
1. So, you have downloaded a zip archive with a mockup. Then unpack it to your computer.
If your operating system does not have a built-in unpacker for archives, then install a third-party program. One of the widespread and free programs is 7-Zip. You can take it here.
2. Use special smart layers to get the high-quality result.
Use the smart layer to place your design in the mockup. Double click on the layer thumbnail to open it:
3. The smart layer will open as a separate file.
This is where you need to place your design. It can be anything text, logo, or image:
Now you just need to save this file so that the mockup is updated and your design appears on the mockup. (You can close this file).
By going to the mockup file you will see your result.
4. Adjustment of additional styles in the mockup.
With the layer groups and adjustment layers, you can adjust the general adjustments (1), shadows (2), and background color (3) of the mockup:
5. Great, everything is done!
You need to save the mockup with your finished design.
Now you can share your great design with anyone and even the whole world!